Send your creativity into a new galaxy with the Baby Lock Altair embroidery and sewing machine. It makes realizing your sewing and embroidery projects a reality thanks to IQ Technology™ that allows you to wirelessly transfer images to your machine from your smart device using the IQ Intuition™ Positioning App for perfect design placement in the hoop or design creation in IQ™ Designer.
IQ Intuition™ Positioning App
Use the app to take a photo of your fabric in a special hoop and transfer it wirelessly to the Altair. The image will display onscreen, allowing you to position your design exactly where you want it.
9.5″ x 14″ Embroidery Field
Stitch bigger embroidery designs and enjoy less re-hooping with a large embroidery field.
Create your own embroidery designs with ease. Take a photo with the app and wirelessly transmit it! Draw directly on the screen or simply upload it through the USB drive. Your art will be digitized with the colors and fill stitches you choose.
Use your favorite embroidery design software like Palette (version 11 or higher, sold separately) to wirelessly transmit your designs from your computer to the Altair.
10.1″ LCD Screen
You’ll have total control over every single aspect of your stitches, embroidery designs, placement, colors and more on a large touchscreen. Comparable to many popular tablets, it features large, clear buttons and vivid colors.
Large 11.25″ workspace
With a generous 11.25″ workspace to the right of the needle, Altair gives you plenty of room to work. Those larger projects aren’t anything to worry about!
Choose from random, vivid, gradient and soft, and watch as your design is transformed in an array of color combinations. Tag your favorite color combinations, then select your favorite from the finalists.
494 Embroidery Designs
You’ll always have something to embroider with Altair’s huge selection of built-in designs that includes 200 exclusive designs from Baby Lock. The design library features large thumbnails to make finding the right match even easier.
Altair is loaded with stitches, giving you plenty of options for every project. Best of all, you can combine them for countless stitch combinations and you can save them in memory to retrieve them at any time.
Quick-Set Drop-In Bobbin
Simply drop your bobbin in the machine, pull your threads through the slot and let your machine do the rest.
Know exactly where the needle will drop every time with a brilliant LED pointer on the included embroidery foot. There’s no more guesswork.
- Larger sewing bed and workspace with 11.25″ to the right of the needle
- Convenient one-touch buttons for:
- Reverse sewing
- Reinforcement key
- Needle up/down
- Thread cutter
- Automatic presser foot lift
- Automatic needle threading
- Sewing speed control
- Quick-Set, top-loading bobbin with sensor
- Quick-Set independent bobbin winding system with variable speed
- Programmable 3-step needle up/down
- Automatic thread cutter (with on/off capability)
- Needle plate with scale in inches and centimeters
- Free arm
- Two accessory storage compartments
- Hands-free knee lift
- Touch pen (stylus)
- 14 Snap-on presser feet
- Digital Dual-Feed System Foot
- Embroidery foot with LED pointer
- General purpose zigzag
- Blind stitch
- Button fitting
- Free-motion open toe quilting
- Free-motion quilting
- Free-motion echo quilting
- 1/4″ Quilting foot with guide
- Straight stitch foot
- Easy-lock accessory case for presser foot storage with interchangeable trays
- Soft canvas cover for machine with 3 storage pockets
- 2 Thread spool stand for larger cones
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Alternate bobbin case for use with pre-wound bobbins
- Bobbin center pin
- Bobbins (10)
- Embroidery Positioning Stickers (4-Sheets of 64)
- Lens calibration sheet for use with the positioning app
- Presser foot adaptor
- Seam ripper
- Twin needle
- Needle set
- Cleaning brush
- Eyelet punch
- Spool caps (5)
- Spool felt and Spool nets (2)
- Embroidery needle plate cover
- Foot controller
- Bobbin covers: cord guide, plain and with seam guide marks
- Chalk pencil
- IQ Intuition™ Positioning embroidery hoops and grids included
- 9.5″ x 14″ (240mm x 360mm)
- 9.5″ x 9.5″ (240mm x 240mm)
- 5″ x 7″ (130mm x 180mm)
- 4″ x 4″ (100mm x 100mm)
- 25 years limited
- 10 years parts
- 5 years computer circuit
- 5 years electrical
- 1 year labor