Put your projects in an entirely new light with the Baby Lock Solaris embroidery and sewing machine. With the revolutionary new IQ Visionary™ Technology, you’ll see how your design looks before you stitch it out! Solaris’ built-in projector displays your stitches and embroidery patterns on fabric in vibrant full color for perfect and precise embroidery and sewing placement every time.
IQ Visionary – Precise Embroidery Placement
While in embroidery mode, choose from three different projection backgrounds (black, grey or white) to see your design clearly. The needle drop laser is displayed in a “T” pattern for precise placement.
IQ Visionary – Perfect Sewing Placement
Solaris uses a variety of guideline markers and grids for perfect placement. While in sewing mode, switch between three different laser colors (red, green and white) for better visibility based on fabric choices.
10 5/8″ x 16″ Hoop Size
Baby Lock’s largest hoop yet makes it possible to stitch out your biggest embroidery designs with fewer rehoopings.
10.1″ Capacitive Touchscreen
You’ll have total control over every single aspect of your stitches, embroidery designs, placement, colors and more on a large touchscreen with slide scrolling menus and pinch in/out zooming.
Create your own designs and quilt motifs with ease. Draw directly on the screen, scan in your favorite line art or upload an existing file to the Solaris. Your art will be instantly digitized!
On-Screen Enhanced Editing
The Solaris features processing speed that’s 30% faster than previous Baby Lock sewing and embroidery machines. It processes edits, combines designs and even imports them faster than ever. You can even save them in the built-in memory for future use.
Built-in Designs and Stitches
Make every project uniquely yours with a huge variety of built-in designs, decorative stitches, decorative fills and utility stitches, including exclusive embroidery designs from Baby Lock Sewlebrities.
Auto Split of Large Quilting, Border and Corner Designs
Create beautiful quilt borders and sashing with unmatched precision. Put in your dimensions and Solaris does the necessary measurements for you. It matches the corners and then calculates the middle for a complete frame.
Echo Quilting and Stippling Lines
Automatically echo quilts and stipples around a selected design. Line spacing distance and frame size are all easily adjustable.
Camera Detecting Buttonhole Foot
Solaris’ camera automatically senses pre-set points on the buttonhole foot, providing an accurate, better sew out. The two-piece foot secures the fabric, preventing slippage.
13″ to the Right of the Needle
With an unprecedented 13″ to the right of the needle for an impressive 65 square inches of workspace, Solaris gives you plenty of room to comfortably work on larger projects and full-size quilts.
Needle Plate with Push Button Release
Switching out plates has never been this easy – just simply touch a button. No tools are needed! The needle plate also features a variety of new markings for better placement, alignment and accuracy.
Dual Spool Stands
This conveniently sits in the top cover. It’s perfect for use with twin needles for decorative stitches. For embroidery projects, set up both threads at the same time and quickly change from color to color. It also holds and support larger cones for quilting projects.
Enhanced Stadium Lighting
Eight high-powered color rendering LEDs illuminate your project so you can see every detail – including your large embroidery designs.
- Larger sewing bed and workspace with 13.1″ to the right of the needle
- Frosted surface finish on machine bed
- Convenient one-touch buttons for:
- Reverse sewing
- Reinforcement key
- Needle up/down
- Thread cutter
- Automatic presser foot lift
- Automatic needle threading
- Sewing speed control doubles as width control
- Quick-Set, Top-Loading bobbin with sensor
- Quick-Set Independent bobbin winding system with:
- 4 Adjustable speed settings
- 5 Variable bobbin filling settings
- One finger removable needle plate for easy access cleaning
- Ergonomic 3-position, adjustable knee lift with extra high presser foot lift – 10mm Automatic and 13mm Manual
- Programmable 3-step needle up/down
- Adjustable volume with 5 settings
- Automatic thread cutter (with on/off capability)
- Needle plate with scale in inches and centimeters and additional guideline markings
- Free arm
- Foldable king two spool thread stand attaches magnetically to machine lid
- Two accessory storage compartments in sewing tray
- Enhanced Accessory Storage Box with 3 interchangeable trays
- Compatible Ready for Optional Multi-Function Foot Control
- Dual Stylus and Holder
- Adjustable knee lifter with 3-position handle
- 14 Presser feet
- Digital Dual-Feed System Foot
- Embroidery foot “W”
- General purpose zigzag
- Blind stitch
- Camera Detecting Buttonhole Foot with stabilization plate
- Button fitting
- Free-motion open toe quilting
- Free-motion quilting
- Free-motion echo
- 1/4″ Quilting foot with a guide
- Straight stitch foot
- Easy-lock accessory case for presser foot storage with 3 interchangeable trays
- 2 Thread king spool stand for larger cones
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Bobbin case and cover for embroidery
- Bobbin Covers with and without markings
- Alternate bobbin case for use with pre-wound bobbins
- Bobbin center pin
- Embroidery bobbin thread
- Embroidery Positioning Stickers (2 Sheets)
- White needle calibration stickers
- Multi-position screwdriver
- Presser foot adaptor